02 May 2008

Blogger does not know the difference between spam and drivel

I was quite surpised to that I had to complete a word verification request when I posted the baby dropping video.

Apparently Blogger's spam-prevention robots think that the Poor Mouth has characteristics of a spam blog - "irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text, along with a large number of links...."

I can only imagine that the spam prevention robots also have a critique algorithm that can spot drivel at thirty paces....

Joking aside I am seriously pissed off

6 comments:

Matt M said...

I got that once.

It's a bit annoying, but it happens to quite a few bloggers.

James Higham said...

Long live drivel.

jams o donnell said...

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. How long did it take to "unspam" an Insomniac?

Fear not James! Plenty of drivel to come

Colin Campbell said...

Good to see Google has productive things to programme. Can we sign a petition? Perhaps you will get one of those windows that Theo had. We think that this blog is drivel. Do you want to proceed?

maryt/theteach said...

jams, don't worry about it. It happened to me once 2 years ago... Who knows what they feed to these automatic bots...

jams o donnell said...

Haha Colin... I suggest teh campaign is called "don't dam O'Donnell's drivel!"

I really can't see what the bots found to make them think this is a spamblog Mary