10 December 2006

What topped the charts when I was born

I first saw this on the The Virtual Stoa.

If you enter your date of birth into the Hit40 Birthday calculator you can find out what was the UK's number one single on your birth date (if you were born after 15 November 1952 that is).

In the hope that the number on on my birth date would be something that di not suck I duly entered the relevant information. Did I get the Stones or the Beatles? Did I hell! The UK chart topper was the forgotten Shadows instrumental Foot Tapper. Ah well. Just to show you how medoiocre it is, here they are performing it on datyime tv (I think)

8 comments:

Andrew. said...

You can see mine in my blog; at least mine isn't forgotten! I'm a regular visitor of your blog, I'm surprised I overlooked it on the making of my links section in the first place :)

jams o donnell said...

Glad you like the Poor Mouth, Nightowl. I don't take myself that seriously as you will have realised by now!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Rubette's-Sugar Baby Love

I'll have to hunt that down and have a listen!

jams o donnell said...

Arrgh the Rubettes! Actually it is quite an inoffensive song but their dress sense was, well 1970s!

bob said...

The Sweet for me - thanks for brightening up my day

jams o donnell said...

Glad to be of service Bob. seeing you and elastic are kids of the 70s I am beginning to feel old!

Tulloch said...

Mine is Elvis' She's Not You, which ain't too bad, but I'd have preffered (Marie's The Name of)His Latest Flame! And you can tell how old people are from this game too...

jams o donnell said...

Absolutely, Tulloch (and welcome formally to the Poor Mouth!) teh not wife got Do Wah Diddy.. far more memorable than my one.. Still it is fun