02 June 2006

Getting on the Not Wife's Good Side

the not-wife as Waterhouse's Ophelia accompanied by her dark minions Robyn and Ted

Five years ago I was at a loss as to what to buy the not-wife for her birthday. A good friend Suzy, a muralist who lives on the Wirral, came to my rescue by offering to do a portrait of her as Waterhouse's Ophelia, an excellent choice given the not-wife's love of the Pre-raphaelite style. The not-wife was delighted and I earned quite a few brownie points!

Suzy and I remain great friends and I look forward to attending her wedding next year. In the meantime it that time of year when I have to think what to offer the not wife as a birthday present. Not being able to top the portrait, it looks like greenhouse staging this time around......



the Waterhouse original

2 comments:

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

HOW blooming utterly awesome! What a great picture and a great gift!

jams o donnell said...

Why than you Lisa!