08 July 2008

People hurt in Pamplona Bull run shock

Thirteen people were injured in the running of the bulls in Pamplona yesterday. The half-mile dash through the Spanish city's cobbled streets turned chaotic when the six bulls became separated after ploughing into a crowd. Six of the injured runners were Spanish while the rest were from Britain, the US, Australia, New Zealand, Romania and South Korea. They suffered head, rib or other injuries from falling or getting trampled. None were gored.

I Know this is a statement of the blindingly obvious but I am far from shocked or stunned. If the bulls knew what they faced at the end of the rum I'm sure they would make sure they took out as many people as they could then gore the matador

9 comments:

James Higham said...

Have to be a bit off the brain really. Here they parade around the church icon of St George and St Peter.

CherryPie said...

I feel sorry for the bulls too!

jams o donnell said...

Let's just say I'm rooting for the bulls too!

Steve Bates said...

Agreed. Who could blame the bulls. List me as being in favor of the bulls' hit.

Colin Campbell said...

We had the Australian injured in Spain angle on the news yesterday.

jams o donnell said...

Haha I like that turn of phrase Steve.

It;s a bit of a dog bites man story though isn't it Colin?

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Install a machine gun on every bull. To even the playing field a bit.

jams o donnell said...

Can they be adapted to be fired with a hoof? If so then a great idea!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm no animal activist but these ash holes get everything they deserve and then some.

I looked for some clips on youtube of the footage and you know what? I'm willing to wager that the majority of these fools are foreigners while the Spanish people yuck it up and make a killing draining them of their money as fast as they can. There's never going to be a shortage of idiots so I guess business is good for the proprietors of the San Fermin Festival.