1. Good health for my parents. My father turns 82 next week, my mother turns 80 in the summer. They are in reasonable shape for their age but both need to undergo procedures in the coming months. I hope that these procedures ensure they continue to have a good quality of life.
2. Better health for me in the coming year. That means, inter alia: no cracked ribs, no lingering chest or eye infections, no sebaceous cyst problems and no thinking I’ve put my foot on a stair only to find it’s a cat..... with the back pain that causes.
3. The favourable resolution of some work related issues
4. West Ham to be in the 3rd round draw in next season’s UEFA cup
5. Ian Paisley and Martin McGuinness continue their close working relationship. Their close collaboration has been one of the most pleasant political surprises for me this year.
6. Peace in Darfur, the Congo, peaceful regime change in Burma and Zimbabwe. Far too many people in the world deserve better prospects. The people of these nations certainly do.
7. Labour to find its way again.
8. A marked increase in the amount of drivel spouted here....
Who to pass this on to?