17 March 2008

It being St Patrick's Day and all that

I don't celebrate St Patrick's Day so I don't wear shamrock (which always seems to look like you've dropped some cress on your lapel) and I certainly wouldn't touch green beer with a bargepole. Here's a couple of quizzes instead....


You're 30% Irish



You're probably less Irish than you think you are...

But you're still more Irish than most.



Ah well I'm not very OIRISH (as opposed to Irish) so it seems!

Here's a different quiz

1 Galway is in which Province?

2 The Prime Minister of Ireland is known as:

3 The name of John Wayne's character in the film 'The Quiet Man' was:

4 Phil Lynott was the lead singer with which famous Irish rock band

5 Who is the female patron saint of Ireland/

6 The unit of currency in Ireland is

7 The book 'Angelas Ashes' by Frank McCourt was principally based in which Irish city?

8 The Irish beer 'Murphys' is brewed in which Irish town?

9 The County with the shortest coastline in Ireland is:

10 Ireland was declared a Republic in which year?

I got 10/10 and am thus belong the the Supreme Order of Cuchulainn and the Red Branch Warriors!

Ah well I had better get off to work......

8 comments:

Sean Jeating said...

Thanks to Phil Lynott I got one wrong, which makes me so knowledgeable about Ireland that I must be foreign. :)
Sláinte.

The Lone Beader® said...

Haha. I have never had green beer. I'll just stick with Guinness. Cheers! :D

CherryPie said...

Not very according to the quiz!

jams o donnell said...

Ah shame Sean! but 9 out of 10 is great going! I could not have faced my dad if I got the Murphys question wrong!

Wise move LB. Better if you have Murphys!

Ah well Cherrypie!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I've watched Darby O'Gill and The Little People more times than I can remember. That entitles me to an honroary Irish heritage badge, don't you think?

jams o donnell said...

Haha EWBL that warrants a medal - for devotion to Oirish kitsch above and beyond the call of duty!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

For obvious reason I am not filling in the quiz, but I have notices that all drink-related questions make me totally Oirish ;-)

jams o donnell said...

Haha Snoopy and a few drinks makes you into a poet?