1. What is your favourite Christmas carol/song? While Shepherds washed their flocks and We Three Kings...both were easy to add silly words to!
2. White lights or multicoloured? One set of red and one set of white
3. Do you have a cut tree, live tree or an artificial tree? A Nordman Fir. Next year it will be back to an artificial one
4. Eggnog, mulled cider, or hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate: the not-wife has a best of CD... "Emma, Emmaline, gonna make you the biggest star this world has ever seen..."
5. Do you decorate your house with lights? No way I’ getting up a ladder for anyone
6. Do you write a Christmas letter? Hmm “Another year of sod all to say” A pithy message in the card does me just fine!
7. Do you like receiving Christmas letters/photos? Yes since my friends have more interesting live than I do!
8. What is your favourite Christmas story/movie? Bad Santa – a true role model!
9. Have you ever made a gingerbread house? Hell no, I have enough trouble avoiding the maintenance work on a bricks and mortar one, let alone a gingerbread one
10. Poinsettias or holly? Both... Poinsettias from the shop, Holly from the garden and Mistletoe from the not-wife’s dad’s garden
11. Do you display a nativity scene? Nope, I’m an agnostic while the not-wife is a hardline atheist.
12. Do you bake Christmas cookies? Shop bought do just fine
13. Ham or turkey? Nut roast
14. In what languages can you wish someone a Merry Christmas (without cheating)?
English, French, Gaelic, Dutch, Russian and now Farsi
15. Do you know all the words to Jingle Bells? Jingle bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg. err that’s it
17. How do you eat a candy cane? With the mouth I suppose.
16. Do you put presents under the tree? Not with Mimi and her little accidents
18. What is your biggest holidays pet peeve? Stop the bloody Cavalry by Jona bloody Lewie
19. What is your favourite Christmas tradition? Eating a large tube of Smarties on Xmas morning
20. What was the best present you ever got for Christmas? Ooh now that’s a tough one