09 July 2006

Swearing for Britain

Friday’s Metro (the paper that has done more to litter London’s public transport system than McDonalds, Burger King and KFC combined) carried a story about a hapless tube traveller who, after swearing, was pounced on by six police officers and fined £80.

The man, identified only as Phil, was walking through a metal detector at Highbury and Islington station, North London, when he murmured that it was 'a piece of shit that wouldn't stop anyone'. He was then grabbed by police who detained him for about 20 minutes before giving him an £80 fine.

I would like to salute Phil for his civic duty, no his PATRIOTISM. In the full knowledge that the Government is facing a significant budget deficit he selflessly helped reduce the Public Sector Borrowing Requirement. He is nothing short of a hero in my view.

As a good citizen and in solidarity with Phil I would like also to do my bit for Britain:

Arse, Wank, Bollocks, Tits, Fuck, Shit and Bastard..

Feel free to do likewise even if overseas. I am sure the Inland Revenue takes Paypal.....

4 comments:

MC Fanon said...

That's ridiculous. Are profanity fines common in Britain? Freedom of speech... Please.

Agnes said...

A pity. Romania could become the richest state in Europe.

jams o donnell said...

Of course it is Dave. It is absolutely iditoc that he should be fined like that. Actually it is one of the first I ahve heard of. I don't think it is common or I would be broke!

Ah Red perhapsthis is how Romaina will contribute to the EU... if not the butter mountain or teh wine lake, the sweary sewer!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'd go bankrupt if I lived in England.