23 September 2006

Garden 23 September


When the not-wife went out into the garden after coming home from work yesterday she was presented with this sight. Most of the ivy that makes this part of the garden look particularly lush had detached from the wall of the neighbour's shed. Although it was raining heavily yesterday, I doubt the it ccame away of it's own accord - the ivy is very healthy and there is no signigicant damage to the shed except for some missing pointing.

We suspect that this was a deliberate act. If the neighbour did rip the ivy away from his wall then he is a fool as well as a vandal: ripping it away could have done a lot more damage. We will have to see what damage has been done to the plants underneath but the ivy will be back.

10 comments:

Agnes said...

oviously you had visiotrs, as far as I can see. You should have invited them...

redwine the Poison Ivy

Agnes said...

Got you! Someone from your fanclub! A lady you neglected...I will have a closer look at your blogroll and call the not-wife!

jams o donnell said...

Hah Red so you took the time out to come to the UK,hmm....

Seriously, the not wife was absolutely livid. I was not muc better pleased myself....

Agnes said...

No, it wasn't me this time... But with this view, we would have several things missing from the garden and the house. Them Brits, they can't even steal properly.
Seriously, I am sorry for this vandalism.

jams o donnell said...

I think the neighbour did it by getting on to the roof then tearing the ivy off. Perhaps he took part of it off then the rest came off under due to the weight of the rest.

If it happened as I think it did then it shows utter idiocy. All he neded to do was come around and ask us to cut some of the "branches" we would then have removed it safely once the adventitious roots died off.

jams o donnell said...

Oh by the way Congrats Red. In addition to making the first comment on the Poor Mouth back in April your comment before last was the 1,000th by a visitor. Yoou have won a mystery star prize!

Agnes said...

Oh? I won another medal? No cash?
Congrats me.

jams o donnell said...

Ah you shall see dear Red, you shall see!

jams o donnell said...

I am very tempted Mullets but I can't prove it absolutely!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Our new neighbors across the street just took down the gorgeous Ivy covering the brick on the front of their house. Now, all they have left is an unsightly 70's era ranch home with an ugly inlaid rotten wood design in the brick. You know, there was a reason the former owners grew Ivy over that crappy looking wall. It made the house look refined and elegant, but alas, no more.

I mourn for that Ivy like I mourn for yours jams. Today, I will wear nothing but green as a token of my mourning for unseemly gardening atrocities.