07 March 2009

A Saturday evening punishment post

My knee still hurts like hell over a week on. I was planning a cerebral post today (or at least the next installment of the Red Cushing saga at long last!) but I spent the afternoon in bed instead.

Instead of Red Cushing I thought both of my readers would benefit from a few videos fron 1980/91 that showcase the barrel scrapings of disco-pop (until Stock, Aitken and Waterman started their own brand of turd polishing in the late 80s that is)



Aneka - Japanese Boy



Kelly Marie - It Feels Like I'm In Love (with a little bit of Ottawan's D.I.S.C.O. thrown in for added agony)



Liquid Gold - Dance Yourself Dizzy

Aneka, reverted to being Mary Sandeman and is a folk singer. as she was before her brief pop caereer. Firghteningly Japanese Boy reached number 1 in the UK. Nobody got poor underestimating public taste I suppose (to paraphrase HL Mencken)

5 comments:

sally in norfolk said...

wow feels like i am in love must be the best here :-) great to hear it again

jams o donnell said...

Enjoy Sally I hope it brings back good memories. Being someone who liked HM punk and New Wave, disco was really not my thing!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the exposure to these music. they r all new to me.

Garth said...

you can be so cruel sometimes Jams

jams o donnell said...

Enjoy Isiah.

Oh yes I can be cruel to be kind Pisces (or is that just cruel for the sake of it!)