04 January 2012

Shaun Ryder on UFOS?

One thing I discovered early about having cable tv is that having 120+ channels does not mean that there will be anything worth watching on any of them.

One Channel that used to have to occasional programme of interest was the History Channel, even if it had far too much on WWII. I was particularly pleased when, some years ago, the channel showed a number of episodes of RTE's Hidden History strand.

Fat chance of that anymore, what with wall to wall reality shit about lorry drivers on dodgy ice roads, rednecks so stupid that they mislaid the "e" on their ax and so on and so forth...

And just when I thought that Hostry could not stoop any lower I noticed an ad for a forthcoming series "Shaun Ryder on UFOs".

Oh for fuck's sake!With his taste in "mind expanders" in the past, I am not surprised by his belief in UFOs...

4 comments:

Maddy said...

We watched one of the first Dr. Who films over the holidays and they kept referring to 'flying saucers' instead of UFO's - caused a great deal of hilarity around here about how the old folks used to talk in the dark ages.

jams o donnell said...

Darn whippersnapers also think foo fighters are a band too I bet!

Silent Hunter said...

Can I just say that I rather enjoy Pawn Stars and Storage Wars? You learn some interesting stuff from them.

jams o donnell said...

But they are hardly history!