17 November 2012

Alison Lapper Pregnant 2007

I've been digging through old photo folders and found some of the ics I took of Marc Quinn's Alison Lapper Pregnant statue.  Alison Lapper is an artist who was born with no arms and truncated legs. The statue was displayed on the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square from 2005-2007.

As far as I am concerned it is the best of all of the installations the fourth plinth has seen. I know it's a cliche but Alison Lapper Pregnant is a Venus de Milo for our age

11 comments:

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

I do like that very much, for several reasons.

jams o donnell said...

It was very striking

S said...

That's great!

Syncopated Eyeball said...

That's great!

And S above was accidental me. :)

jams o donnell said...

I loved it Syncy

Claude said...

Illuminating!

jams o donnell said...

Thanks Claude!

CherryPie said...

Marc Quinn's work always fascinates me.

jams o donnell said...

A fine artist.This one I loved. I would have been hay if it stayed on the plinth

Stan said...

It's quite a startling work. I never saw it in situ.

jams o donnell said...

It really is