31 December 2010

Three highlights of the year

Before I forget I would like to highlight three most pleasurable real life encounters with bloggers and other online folk.

I did not get access to the internet at home until we got a digital set top box from out cable tv suppliers. The box provided very limited internet access and it was via this almost ten years ago that I came across Suzy, an artist who lives on the Wirral. We have kept in touch since, she and her partner have visited us twice but it was not until November that I made a reciprocal visit. A most enjoyable time was had despite freezing weather and a streaming cold. I hadn't ben to Liverpool let alone the Wirral in decades

Back in 2004 I encountered an American-Argentine fellow with definite anarchist. We both used to go to a left leaning Yahoo chat room which could be quite enjoyable despite the trolls and the room owner who was a Stalinist prick (the owner and I didn't get on, believe it or not!). Anyway I kept in touch with Floyd over the years so it was an utter pleasure to meet him and his beautiful wife Mariela when they came to London in April.

In July Bob from Brockley arranged a blogger meet. It was good to meet Bob. and quite a few other bloggers including Francis Sedgemore, Kellie Strom, Carl from Raincoat Optimism and Michael Ezra... not that I can match their political analysis

Ach this will be my last post of the year. Onward to 201!

8 comments:

Anya said...

Happy New Year!!
We wish you a joyful life
full of healthy, happiness and pleasure :)

Hugs Anya

Kareltje =^.^=

Betsie =(^.^)=

beakerkin said...

Keep on Ted's good side. Word on the street is that he is looking for some killer storylines for 2011.

In 2011 Lindsay Lohan fresh from rehab and the not wife have a battle over the remote.

Poor Jams has a mishap with humming birds and Jello resulting in Jello addicted humming birds visiting at all hours.

Boris and his canine friend take out Satan cat.

Bebe asks for a raise and is played
by Gweneth Paltrow until her fee can be renegotiated.

Steve Bates said...

Happy New Year, jams (right about now, if I am reading my clock correctly). May 2011 be your best year yet!

- Steve, Stella, Esther and Pester, um, I mean Lily

jams o donnell said...

And a very happy new year to you and yours Anya

I will keep a close watch on Ted's movements. I think he has a link with with the illuminati, Beak As for Boris and Izzy I fear the neighbours will talk.. Still if they can beat p that blody cat then let them talk!

As for me I resolve to see the back of hummingbirds!

Thanks Steve, here;s a very happy new year to you all

beakerkin said...

There are some inexpensive feeders that attract humming birds. Vermonters are enchanted with hummingbirds.

jams o donnell said...

We only see them in aviaries in the UK sadly

Ellee Seymour said...

It's always to meet fellow bloggers.

jams o donnell said...

It certainly was something I would love to do again