29 May 2007

The Rising Cost of Drivel

background-color: white; width: 115px; text-align: center; padding: 0 0 10px 0;">


My blog is worth $123,634.26.
How much is your blog worth?



I last tried out this little piece of self indulgence in August when the blog was only four and a bit months old. At the time the blog was worth a bit over $11k, now it is worth over $123k. I am still a little puzzled how one can attribute a financial value to a blog. I can't see it having any commercial value - unless I was to try some semi professional photography and I'm certainly not good enough with a camera to do that! I suppose it's a financial measure of Technorati authority. Currently the Poor Mouth has an authority of 219 which puts it in the top 20,000 blogs monitored by Technorati.. What the hell I'm doing with that sort of authority is anyone's guess!

So what is the point of this post? not much. A bit of vanity perhaps but a fair bit of puzzlement too!

4 comments:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

My blog is worth a whole heap of sentimental value and enough irreverent humour to last one 24 hour period. Ummm, that's about it.

jams o donnell said...

I would say it's priceless Ewbl. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

I pity whoever came up with that because obviously they can only measure value in money, whereas some things eg pleasure are not measurable by money.

I looked at the 'value' of my blog and wondered which of my readers would pay anything to read it if for some bizarre misguided notion I decided to charge for reading. I don't actually think any would.

It has generated approximately £25 pounds in Amazon and Google commission, plus two CDs (one commercial), a DVD, and a statue of that boy pissing in Brussels.

jams o donnell said...

It is odd, even if three was a bit of vanity attached to the post. I doubt anyone would pay a turkish lira to read the Poor Mouth!