Again it seems that the News of the World has stooped even lower. There are now indications that it turned its attentions on families of members of the armed forces killed in Afghanistan.
The effect of these allegations is that the Royal British Legion has dropped the newspaper as its campaigning partner
The servicemen and women's charity said it had suspended all relations with the News of the World and was reviewing its advertising budget with News International, which also publishes the Sun and the Times.
MPH Solicitors, whose clients include Samantha Roberts, the widow of Sergeant Steven Roberts of the 2nd Royal Tank Regiment, said it had been contacted on Wednesday by a newspaper and told Roberts's phone may have been hacked, along with a mobile belonging to her lawyer, Geraldine McCool.
McCool said there was no evidence to show confidential information was obtained through hacking.
Rose Gentle, whose son, Fusilier Gordon Gentle, was killed in Iraq in 2004, called for an immediate inquiry and said the hacking of phones belonging to relatives of dead soldiers would be "pretty disgusting" if true.
"It's like a living nightmare, just waiting for a knock at the door again to be told some bad news," she told Radio 4's Today programme.
Meanwhile Procter & Gamble, O2, Vauxhall, Butlins and Virgin Holidays, joined Ford in pulling advertisements from this weekend's News of the World.
I am not sure how worse this revolting tale can get Perhaps if it was revealed the Rebekah Brooks and David Coulson were caught in flagrante raping the corpse of a dead soldier, then maybe…