23 July 2007

Meme Time - what happened on my birthday.

I have just been nominated for another meme, this time from Shaz at Us Danes & Our Family.
Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (month and day). Then you write down 3 events, 2 births, 1 holiday, and tag 5 friends. There are five slots in the meme list.... as you are tagged, you have to remove the name in the first slot and bump everyone up so that your name can be added to the bottom.

I know I have done something similar before but it won’t hurt to try again


The list:

Last Minute Lyn
Are We There Yet??
Sarge Charlie
Comedy Plus
Us Danes


Three Events:

1. Battle of Towton 1461. Fought during the Wars of the Roses it was the Bloodiest battle ever fought on British soil

2. Battle of Cape Matapan 1941 - one of the lesser known naval battles of WWII

3. I’m scraping around for something interesting here so how about Beatles records become available for the first time in the USSR (1986)?



Two Births:


1. I did John Major and Lavrenti Beria last time so how about Bud Cort? I loved Harold and Maude

2. Teofilio Stevenson, one of the greatest heavyweight boxers of all time. He never turned professional (a stupid move in my view). A pro bout between Stevenson and Muhammad Ali would have been a fight to see


One Holiday:


1. Not much here so I’ll go for the festival of Ishtar

I will have to come back on the tagees presently

2 comments:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I was born on my birthday. Isn't that event enough??!!?

jams o donnell said...

Of course. I shall endevaour to have it made a worldwide public holiday...