16 July 2010

Ach more bloody surgery!

Both readers will know that I succeeded in rupturing my quadriceps tendon after missing my step at St James's Park tube station. I only fell a few steps but the rupture, the repair and the ensuing rehabilitation had me laid up for nearly four months.

I've had a lot of pain since then(my right knee still looks more like a tennis ball than it looks like y left knee) so I finally decided enough was enough, saw my GP who sent me for an MRI scan which showed a torn meniscus.

So it's back in for keyhole surgery in a few weeks time. Mercifully I'll only be laid up for a couple of weeks after, four weeks max.

Perhaps unsurprisingly there is a Knee Joint Surgery channel on You Tube. So here, for your delight and delectation is a vid showing what the surgeon is likely to be doing to me. Enjoy!

15 comments:

A Doubtful Egg said...

Best of luck with that!

jams o donnell said...

And no complications!
It has a 75% chance of improving things. That's better than a 100% chance of it staying as it is!

susan said...

I'll pass on the video, thank you, but wish you the best for a good outcome.

Dragonstar said...

I'll give the video a miss, too - nearly my bedtime!
I hope you have the surgery soon and it works well. You must be totally fed up with things as they are!

Traveling Bells said...

Hope it gets fixed. Been there/done that times 4, so I can truly sympathize...also on R knee.

Knatolee said...

That sounds awful, Jams. I hope this surgery fixes you up completely. Sounds so painful, where you are now.

jams o donnell said...

Thanks for your kind thoughts. THe probability favours a problem free procedurs. Here's hoping!

nursemyra said...

cool video!!!

jams o donnell said...

It is, isn't it Nursie!

Stan said...

Sorry to hear this, Jams. You're right to get the experts on the case. Come surgery time I'll have my fingers and knees crossed for you!

beakerkin said...

Jams

For the sake of vanity you should come up with a better myth for how you hurt your knee. Officially you were protecting CEO Ted from Satan cat and were injured in the line of duty.

Or

You were shopping for Crenshaw mellons and were stampeded by crazed foodies.

Marta said...

Good luck on the knee. I had a torn knee tendon back when I was just going into college. In those days, it was major surgery. (full leg cast for 6 weeks!) Today it is much easier. A friend just had it done also and was walking around Italy in a week - okay...he did have a support cast and had to stop a lot but he was moving around!

CherryPie said...

I am sure it will be a lot less trouble than the last time.

Claude said...

All the best, Jams. Do everything you're told. You're allowed to cry, but watch your language. Remember, voice carries over the ocean...

jams o donnell said...

Rhanks everyone. Here;s hoping for something routine!

Beak prhaps I shpuld have claimed to wasn't me getting drunk and falling down the stairs