18 July 2010

Beer, bloggers and beer

Me if I lost a ton of wight, got a hair transplant and a dye job and I increased several orders of multitude in the looks department (sigh)

It's taken me all day but I am finally back in the land of the living...

Last night Bob from Brockley was kind enough to arrange a blogger meet at a fine drinking establishment near London Bridge.

It was an utter pleasure to meet so many bloggers in the flesh including Kellie from Airforce Amazons , Michael Ezra who posts at Harry's Place, Francis Sedgemore,
Jimjay (Daily Maybe), Sue, Mira from Engage Online Carl of Raincoat Optimism and, and... Damn my brane's still befuddled

Thanks Bob for arranging an excellent night. It was a delight for a drivel merchant such as myself to find myself among blogging heavyweights

19 comments:

James Higham said...

The pic I saw of you didn't look too bad.

jams o donnell said...

Aww Shucks!

Anonymous said...

I've been forgotten already

jams o donnell said...

Oops sorry! And now you are remembered!

Anonymous said...

fantastic hehe - it was very nice meeting you in person - did you stay late, did it get messy by 3?

Sean Jeating said...

Hm, Jams, when arriving home could you at least still recite Father Jack?

CherryPie said...

It sounds like a great night out :-) I am not convinced about the hangover though ;-)

Traveling Bells said...

Beer and bloggers--great combination!

jams o donnell said...

Late enough to miss the last train back to Romford Raincoat!


It was a doozy Cherie, I assure you!

I could say DRINk! DRINK! Sean

Absolutely Sandy

bob said...

Thanks very much for coming. It was great to meet you. I like the picture you use to illustrate this post, and I like the fact that Linkwithin thinks that people who like this post would also like Angela Merkel's cleavage.

Hope to see you again some time!

jams o donnell said...

Thanks so much for setting up what was an excellent night. With a cleavage like that perhaps we can get Frau Merkel along to serve the beer!

Sean Jeating said...

Would certainly be more of a job fitting her abilities. So, good luck. I shall keep my fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... I wish I could have been there (and made my escape just before the burly men in the white hospital van arrived).

jams o donnell said...

Ah I take it you are not keen on your chancellor Mr J!

It would have been fun to see you in the flech if you had your straitjacket off of course Andrew!

Liz Hinds said...

How lovely to meet other bloggers!

jams o donnell said...

It certainly was Liz.. As you know yourself

Daniel of "Daniels Counter" said...

Hey it was a fantastic thing Bob did - very inspiring!

Daniel of "Daniels Counter" said...

Hey it was a fantastic thing Bob did - very inspiring!

jams o donnell said...

It certainly was!