22 November 2010

Great moments in research and statistics

This is yet another item that was to be found in the Fortean Times breaking news section

Time reports that a survey by the dating site Smartdata measuring the sexual activity of its French users has revealed that. women whose names end with the letter “a” reported having more than the average 4.4 sexual partners most women had during their lifetime.

At the top of the list is Laura (with an average of 9.7 partners), Tania (9.6), and Lola (9.5). Women named Thérèse averaged 1.1 lovers, just behind 1.2 for Françoise, and 1.3 for Martine.

Make of this what you will… I am far too much of a gentleman to make a salacious comment on these results!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the 1.1 that interests me - not enough to have fun but just enough to get into trouble, despite protestations that "it was only 0.1 of one!"

Anonymous said...

But then the chaps probably thought they had delivered full 1's while the disappointed Thereses just rated them as 0.1s. I distrust statistics and I suspect the Thereses of little lies. Yes, I know I may have misunderstood - men always do don't they?

Oh dear - the word verification I see below me is "playbag". No comment.

jams o donnell said...

0.1 may be an indication that they were not putting much effort into things!

jams o donnell said...

Perhaps they just asked Mother Theresa and Therese of Lisieux!

beakerkin said...

Jams

You disappoint me I was certain you would have cat vs alligator from You tube.

nursemyra said...

What about names ending in a "y"?

jams o donnell said...

I saw that Beak. I may well show it!

Ooh I daresay they are sex bombs Nursie!

James Higham said...

What does that say about Russia then?

jams o donnell said...

You are a better judge of that James!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Hmm... probably relevant to French ladies only. Most Russian ones, for instance, have their names ending by "a". So it follows then that... let me see, but why couldn't it be...

jams o donnell said...

I have not the experience of Russian ladies to comment Snoopy - Polish yes, but not Russian!