17 August 2006

Hawkwind on Myspace

Jason Stuart - Keyboards

Alan Davey - bass

Dave Brock- Guitar
(all photos taken by myself at the Spirit of the Age single release party at the Borderline in September 2005)



At long last Hawkwind has set up a Myspace spot. If you have never heard anything by the Hawks and are curious to hear what they sound like there are four songs available for your delectation. Three songs were recorded live in Holland at the Roadburn Festival earlier this year. The fourth song is a taster of a project that Dave Brock and Robert Calvert may have done in the late 80s had Robert not died.

The four songs are:

Lord of Light – this is an old song originally from 1972 and a real highlight of the 1973 live album the Space Ritual. Personally it is one of my favourite Hawkwind songs

Out Here We Are – an instrumental from their last album Take Me to Your Leader. Not bad but far from essential Hawkwind

Love in Space – this is from the mid 90s and is a glorious spacey song. This is classic stuff in my view.

Siren Song – this is part of the posthumous Brock/Calvert collaboration and is new to me. Dave Brock has put music to some Calvert songs. I will have to listen to this a couple of times before I form my opinion on this.

2 comments:

jams o donnell said...

which is probably why obsessive collection is pretty much a male thing mullets!

jams o donnell said...

Welcome to my world Mullets!!