20 August 2006

Meet the "War Criminals"

The Observer article that was the subject of my previous entry was published on the day I accompanied my father to RAF Wyton for the annual Pathfinder Force reunion. The Pathfinders were an elite force within Bomber Command and Wyton was their main base. Its history will be the subject of future posts. For the moment I will be content with displaying some photos I took today.

Ex Sqn Ldr Tommy Broom, a man who age has not dimmed (note Squadron Leader is equivalent to a Major)

A pride of lions


My father is on the right



"Chappy" Chapman and his charming wife

4 comments:

? said...

very nice

jams o donnell said...

Thanks Woo woo

jams o donnell said...

I have an will do again author.. it looks excellent

jams o donnell said...

Meg thank you for you kind words. the men who served in Bomber Command in WWII have been swept under the carpet, seen as an embarrassment even though they made a huge contribution to towards victory over the reich.