25 July 2012

And the Olympics start

Although the opening ceremony is two days away the 2012 games got underway at 4 pm with GB vNZ in the women's football... albeit in Cardiff  (Although London is the host city some events simply cannot be held there, so sailing is in Weymouth and football matches are spread across the country a few other events like rowing and canoeing and Mountain biking take place jurst outside London).  Men's games kick off tomorrow,

For those wo like the games there's 19 day's of some great sport. For those who don't like the games there's 19 days of boredom. 

6 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

What do you mean,. "albeit in Cardiff"? I'm going to watch the opening ceremony and the close - nothing in between!

jams o donnell said...

Because London is the host city

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Why boredom? I just skip the whole brouhaha usually. No harm done or received to anyone...

Mondial rules!

jams o donnell said...

At least the Olympics has sports I actually lie to watch. Have gone off football in a big way

Claude said...

I bought my first coloured TV in 1984 specially to watch the Olympics.
Since what happened in Munich, I've been put off. But I still think that many young athletes deserve the encouragement and the chance to participate.

jams o donnell said...

Let's cut through the corporate bullshit and enjoy great competition. That is what I will be doing in respect of sports I like to watch, Claude