07 July 2012

Now the sky is certainly going to fall in

A few days ago I thought the name J Marray on the Wimledon order of play was a misprint for J Murray - Andy's brother Jamie. Like the vast majority of the nation I had never heard of Jonathan Marray who with his partner the Dane Frederik Nielsen couldn't qualify for Wimbledon. Having been given wild cards they were clearly no-hopers.

And yet they have just won the title. Well done those men!

As for the rest of us I somehow fear that foie and brimstone will rain down upon us for this transgression of the natural order

6 comments:

Francis Sedgemore said...

Going by the expressions on the faces of Marray and Nielsen's widely tipped opponents as they accepted their runners up trinkets from some or other royal nob, the natural order had most certainly been transgressed.

Oh how I larfed.

jams o donnell said...

Well it was the third time in a row they got the runner up baubles so I suppose they were a tad irked

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Hm... and I didn't even know who Andy Murray is before reading this post, had to look him up.

Well, I did play some ping-pong at the time.

jams o donnell said...

Ah well you would have been driven mad here!

Liz Hinds said...

Was it me or did there the press seem slightly restrained in their Murray ardour for the finals? Actually it was probably just me as I didn't read/watch/listen to any media ...

Good for his not-brother to have won a title though.

jams o donnell said...

If you had read or watched then you might not have had the same view!

Well done to Marray and Nielsen though