09 August 2007

Lucan alive Part 70

There are numerous reports in today's that the fugitive (or more probably dead) murderer Lord Lucan is alive and well and living rough in New Zealand with a cat and a possum for company. The report appeared in the Dominion Post.

Retired Metropolitan Police detective Sidney Ball has been asked to check a claim the claim that Lucan is in the small North Island town of Marton "I can't say more until I've completed my investigation. This man's neighbours are convinced that the guy living rough in an old Land Rover with a cat and a pet possum is Lucan," Mr Ball said. Rangitikei Mayor Bob Buchanan thinks they may be right. "I wouldn't be surprised to learn he is Lucan. There's quite a resemblance. And although he lives only about 10 minutes out of Marton, his mail goes to a PO box in Palmerston North." Neighbours say the man has an upper-class English accent and a military bearing like Lord Lucan, who was educated at Eton before serving in the Coldstream Guards. He is said to have arrived in New Zealand about the time Lucan disappeared and is also understood to be receiving money from property he owns in Britain.


The man himself, Roger Woodgate quickly denied he was hiding a secret identity. He was, he said, a former photographer who once worked for the Ministry of Defence and left the UK five months before Lord Lucan went missing. Mr Woodgate also pointed out he was five inches shorter than Lord Lucan and, at 62, is 10 years younger than the aristocrat would be now.

Shortly after Camilla Parker-Bowles denied she was in fact missing racehorse Shergar. David Cameron, in the hope of garnering a few more votes, hinted that he might in fact be Richey Edwards, the long lost fourth member of the Manic street Preachers.

5 comments:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I love me some Manic Street Preachers! Have you heard their new one, 'Your Love Alone?' Good stuff! I have 'If You Tolerate This' on my playlist, too.

jams o donnell said...

No I haven't. I lost it with teh Manic Stret Preachers some years ago. That said I will give it a listen. I like if you tolerate this too and a lot of their earlier stuff (little baby nothing etc)

jams o donnell said...

Ah so even though he isn't Lucan, he's in trouble then?

Anonymous said...

I suspect Lucan probably ended up looking more like this.

jams o donnell said...

An dead and buried too in all certainty Roger