28 January 2010

I am Seismic Shock



Levity aside regular readers will know that on Sunday I posted an item regarding police intimidation of blogger Seismic Shock at the behest of one Reverend Stephen Sizer, the vicar of a church in Virginia Water. Unsurprisingly Seismic Shock's treatment has been reported on dozens of blogs and has even made it on to the BBC website and has been discussed on the Index on Censorship site

I find the use of police to try and silence a blogger an utter disgrace. It is something that could happen to any of us if someone decides to take umbrage at the content of our blogs. For what it's worth I support this protest wholeheartedly

My thanks to Modernity who has reported extensively on this squalid affair and who created the above video

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I frequently shoot my mouth off... wonder if Al Gore or Monbiot will send in the Thought Police?

jams o donnell said...

I doubt it Aileni!

Susan English Mason said...

Great video.

jams o donnell said...

It is Pouty. But also an important message aboout free speech and defending an attacked blogger

Susan English Mason said...

Aileni, they are listening and tracking you on your cell phone as you speak.