18 January 2010

Turn that frown upside down

The third Monday of January is known as Blue Monday as it is considered to be the most depressing day of the year - the Christmas and New Year parties are a distant memory, the credit card bills and trudging to work when it is cold and snowing (or perhaps the rain is just hammering down) are distinct realities.

But fear not. today has been designated International Optimism Day but the Optimists Society. So cheer up and count your blessings... or something like that anyway.

In honour of this august day (okay so it's January but what the hey!)The Poor Mouth will have nothing but happy and cheerful posts all day. Bile and misery can wait until tomorrow

10 comments:

magiceye said...

hope the day goes fine!
cheers!

jams o donnell said...

THanks Magiceye!

Knatolee said...

Good man, thank you!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Aha! Now I know what eats me since morning. Cool.

Susan English Mason said...

Go for it, Jams. See if you can cheer me up. I'm feeling pretty down today.

jams o donnell said...

I thought it was worth a go!

CherryPie said...

What a fun idea for dreary January day ;-)

jams o donnell said...

Beats an moany Blue Monday!

Liz Hinds said...

I wish i'd known!

I was just looking at the worry lines above my nose. (Although actually i think they're more lines of puzzlement!) And I think I wish i'd known then what i know how and I wouldn't have needed to worry. So much time wasted worrying over things that never happened.

jams o donnell said...

THere you go Liz! There are so many things I wish I hadn't worried about over my years