25 September 2009

A Fillum Review from the KFA

It’s been a while since I visited the website of Korea’s Foul Apologists, sorry that should be the Korean Friendship Association. It was just as well as I found a wonderful post from England’s premier fan of Juche and Songun, Fuckwit, err Dermot Hudson in which he praises a recent North Korean film to the high heavens. The film in question is The Voice Calling Me. Here is his review:


... Just watched a DVD of a newish DPRK film “Voices Calling Me”. This tells the story of the land rezoning campaign in the DPRK centring on father and son bulldozers (bulldozer drivers or perhaps they really are father and son vehicles, called “Dear Leader” and “Spirit of Stakhanov” or the North Korean equivalent.)

I found one of the most impressive and moving scenes is when the army arrives to help in the project a practical example of army–people unity.

There is a beautiful scene near the end when a mass meeting is held to present the bulldozer driver with a membership card of the WPK.

So there you have it. When you have films like that who needs Citizen Kane?

I was so taken by the review that I resolved to find a copy for myself but does Amazon stock it or can I rent it from Lovefilm? Can I hell! Mercifully a copy is available here for the utterly reasonable price of 25 Euros. Unfortunately it does not seem to have English subtitles. Ah well it’s Korean lessons for me then...

7 comments:

Mac the Knife said...

Good. It's high time you applied yourself to something appropriately high-minded. At least if you can understand the dialogue you'll know why you're being sick...

jams o donnell said...

Hmm perhaps not such a good idea after all!

Susan English Mason said...

I really hope you don't support them by buying the video (and remember I said the same thing about the North Korean beer.) You're scaring me.

jams o donnell said...

Fear not! I have my idea on what that 25 Euros will be spent on and it has nothing to do with Juche!

Susan English Mason said...

Thank Goddess.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

"Unfortunately it does not seem to have English subtitles."

Now, Jams, it's past time you got a full control of the lingo. The Glorious Leader ideas should be studied in origin. Imagine making a mistake during the exam?

jams o donnell said...

Come to think of it perhaps I'll not risk it Snoopy!