08 May 2010

Best concert ever

I wish I could remember exactly when it was... I think it was late in 1982 when the Dead Kennedys played Southampton University. Perhaps I should get in touch with my old mate Smith who would certainly have recorded the date in his diary.. Anyway, whatever the date it was always the concert that has stuck in my mind.

Second support was MDC a Texan punk with particularly strident views on the police coprorations, homophobia and John Wayne. Here is a charming little ditty called Corporate Deathburger.



Main support was a popular beat combo from Sussex called Peter and the Test Tube Babies. Let us say that they were rather less political than MDC or the Dead Kennedys as evidenced by the title of their first album Pissed and Proud. In keeping with this theme here is Banned From the Pubs



And so on to the main act. Absolutely brilliant.. or at least my memory tells me that it was a brilliant concert





4 comments:

susan said...

Jello Biafra is still one of my heroes.

jams o donnell said...

And a very interesting spealer to boot

A Free Man said...

Ah, the DKs. Not so fond memories from junior high school. They were the outlet for all my frustrations of being 14.

jams o donnell said...

I can see why they formed that outlet AFM