18 May 2010

Come on baby light my fire


Make of this what you will but according to the New York Daily News the world's phallus was more than just a representation of a membrum virilise erect.

The relic was found in a cave in Germany and is being studied at the University of Tubingen It is estimated to be at least 28,000 years old and apparently had been discarded after being broken. Pieced together from more than a dozen fragments, the find was a rare one since examples of masculinity from that period are unusual to stumble upon, although female-inspired works of art are rather common.

Phallus, sex toy(?) and fire lighter? This is a toll that was surely a tool!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Anyone, or anything labeled:
"membrum virilise erect" would ruin just about any mood one can think of! ;-)

Claude said...

Hahahaha! Post and comments...Did I ever say that you are NEVER boring, Jams?

susan said...

Thank goodness nowadays there's medical treatment available for this problem.

beakerkin said...

The object could be anything. It looks like a gourd to me. Of course to those inclined a gourd looks like something else....

jams o donnell said...

and lighters too Susan!

Ah Beak look at the right end and tell me thats a gourd!

beakerkin said...

Jams I got a one track mind that appears to be all on food. I just got back from the produce stand looked at the right and I see gourds.

Didn't Freud say sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

jams o donnell said...

Well I suppose it could be a fossilised courgette!