15 December 2009

The perfect gift for a watery Christmas

Do you live in a flood plain? are you worried that your nativity scene might be washed away by a raging torrent? Then fear not, for less than the price of a couple of pints of Lacrima Christi you can have the most flood-proof nativity scene there is.

Or perhaps you like to conduct an impromptu carol concert in the bath. The Virgin Mary, bay Jesus, Joseph and a full supporting cast will be with you as you sing Away in a Manger with the finest bathroom gusto!

Another wonderful idea brought to you by Ship of Fools

13 comments:

Sreisaat said...

Perfect! Now I know what to get for my friend who lives just along the Mekong River =)

I hope you are doing well, Jams. It's been awhile since I last visited and I'm slowly creeping into blogging again. The operative word is slowly. haha.

Have a nice day.

Sreisaat Adventures

James Higham said...

Does a stream count as a flood plain?

Alison said...

I love those!

A Doubtful Egg said...

Even my atheist soul is filled with enthusiasm for a rubber-duck nativity! (The theological implications are quite disturbing, although it could draw people back to Mass with a promise of crispy duck rather than a tasteless wafer.) One question: why is one covered in spots? I don't recall the Bible mentioning any leopards in the manger...

jams o donnell said...

Welcome back Sreisaat. Wow the Mekong would swallow them without trace I fear

A river may become a raging torrent when wet James so have your nativity ducks to hand.

Great aren't them Alison!

This is my chicken chow mein, eat this in remembrance of me.... I like the idea Egg

Hmm perhaps it was hungry and wanted the sheep after a meal of ass

CherryPie said...

Just imagine what you could have in the bath with those!!

jams o donnell said...

I shudder to think Cherie!

CherryPie said...

The word fun was supposed to be in the middle of my previous comment!!

But yes it is quite an alarming thought!

jams o donnell said...

I am relieved Cherie!

Inday said...

amusing! irish humourist!

jams o donnell said...

Glad you like it Bonnie

Susan English Mason said...

Damn it Jams! I'm a day late and a dollar short. These religious quacks are no longer in stock and unavailable.

jams o donnell said...

It's a shame isn't it!